Friday, March 4, 2011

What’s in a Name?

I’ve been blogging off and on for quite some time. But I thought it was time to narrow my niche. I love to read. And it seemed like a good fit for me to begin reviewing the books I read because I get many of them free. I have been posting my reviews on my generic blog along with my other “stuff.” I decided it’s time to get serious about people actually reading my blog, so this will be a review-dedicated blog.

I read primarily Christian books, but may occasionally throw in a secular book or a movie. Anyway, for me, Book Blast carries many connotations.

* Reading books is a blast!

* An e-mail blast disseminates information, often for the purpose of advertising, and with the hope of bringing in web traffic. My book blast will hopefully disseminate information, which could be good advertising (if the books are good), and will hopefully bring in web traffic – readers.

* Blast can be a loud noise – I sometimes get loud when I’m excited, having fun, or passionate about a topic. Perhaps that will come through in my writing.

* Blast can be a criticism. While I am not setting out to criticize, a review is a critique. If the book is lacking in spiritual truth or is poorly written, I’ll likely say so.

All in all, I wanted a fun, catchy title that would lend itself to a soon-to-be-great book review site! Check back often, as my goal is to post at least one review a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment