Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Reggie by Reggie Dabbs with John Driver


Wow! Wow! Wow! This book was a surprising gem. An inspirational autobiography of a man from humble beginnings who found his way, his purpose, and his value in Christ. 

To be honest, this  was one of those books that I thought might be a good story, but I didn’t expect it to be a favorite. I tend to gravitate toward fiction. But I decided to give it a shot and I am so glad I did. I began reading this in a dentist’s waiting room, not the place one usually shows emotion, and by page 21, I had both laughed out loud and felt tears run down my face. And it got better from there.

Emotional, inspirational, challenging, entertaining, faith-building. Reggie was all these things. Extremely well-written, Reggie was a real pleasure to read and I will be recommending it to others. I especially want my teenage children to read it. 

A complimentary review copy of this book was provided by Thomas Nelson Publishers with no expectation of a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment